Spiral Graphics Inc. has announced Genetica 4.0, a momentous new version of its seamless texture, animation, and HDRI environment map editor. The new version, anticipated for release in the first quarter of 2013, can be preordered for a 40% discount.
Key features of the new version include:
- A streamlined new way of editing graphics based on tweaking options in an intuitive interface. The existing node-based approach is still there for power users, but is no longer a necessity for performing common operations.
- A new filter system making it easy to for artists to add effects to existing photos and images.
- The ability to procedurally generate textures for UV-mapped models, including impressive new operations such as texture synthesis onto the surface of a model.
- The introduction of scripting, allowing savvy artists to extend Genetica’s abilities in intriguing new ways.
- A host of new drawing tools including a pressure-sensitive brush, freehand drawing, image trace, and the ability to import vectors from other illustration packages.
- A dozen new nodes, adding abilities such as smart blurs, tilt shift effects, selective focus, and more.
A beta of the new version is expected in early 2013, with the final release slated for the first quarter. Genetica 4.0 will be available for Windows XP and above.
A public announcement of Genetica 4.0 was posted to Spiral Graphics’ website. The company has also announced a 40% discount for Genetica 4.0 preorders, available both for new licenses as well as upgrades.
Genetica is a node-based graphics application that allows artists to non-destructively build textures and effects. It has been used on countless projects ranging from computer games, to television programs, to architectural projects.
With Genetica artists can:
- Generate procedural images by stringing together different types of nodes.
- Create seamless textures directly from photographic sources.
- Enjoy the industry's only professional-level drawing tools that produce seamlessly repeatable results.
- Generate effect maps such as height and specular maps.
- Make HDRI lighting environments and cube maps for realistic reflections.
- Create looping animated textures such as burning fire or rippling water.
Genetica is available in Basic, Pro, and Studio editions. The differences between the editions are explained in this table.
© 2008 by Jordi R. Cardona. Link to this post without copying the text.If you liked this post, get updates of Hiperia3D News for FREE