Two new books have been published by Packt Publishing and they will be reviewed this Summer here in Hiperia3D News.
They are both about the new versions of Blender, the 2.5 branch, which incorporates a modern and intuitive look with the powerful modeling and animating features of this popular and feature-rich 3D suite.
Blender 2.5 Character Animation Cookbook by Virgilio Vasconcelos, contains 50 great recipes for giving soul to your characters by building high-quality rigs. You will:
- Learn how to create efficient and easy to use character rigs
- Understand and make your characters , so that your audience believes they're alive
- See common approaches when animating your characters in real world situations
- Learn the techniques needed to achieve various setups, from IK-FK blending to corrective shape keys and eyes controllers
- The only book to cover advanced aspects of working with character animation in Blender.
Blender 2.5 HOTSHOT, by John E. Herreño, is a book from a practical point of view, that teach you how to get real works done, through a series of real-life 3D projects.
- Exciting projects covering many areas: modeling, shading, lighting, compositing, animation, and the game engine
- Strong emphasis on techniques and methodology for the best approach to each project
- Utilization of many of the tools available in Blender 3D for developing moderately complex projects
- Clear and concise explanations of working in 3D, along with insights into some important technical features of Blender 3D
- Projects that you can tweak yourself to create magnificent finished models. Have a look at Chapter 9 and Chapter 10 and see for yourself.
These 2 fantastic books will be reviewed in July and August in depth, but if you want you can get them now, today or tomorrow, and get some more, because there is still time to enter the 5 books at 75% off. See: http://www.packtpub.com/article/five-for-forty-five
Stay tuned for the reviews!
© 2008 by Jordi R. Cardona. Link to this post without copying the text.If you liked this post, get updates of Hiperia3D News for FREE