As said before, the best library about the most popular and feature-rich 3D suite, Blender, is published by Packt Publishing. Next month of May will have another book on these series: "Blender 2.5 Character Animation Cookbook", although you can get it now as a RAW e-book.
One of the strong points of Blender is animation. Entire animation films have been done with it. This book is to learn how to rig and animate characters with Blender.
This book offers clear, illustrative, and easy-to-follow recipes to create character rigs and animations for common situations. Bring your characters to life by understanding the principles, techniques and approaches involved in creating rigs and animations, you'll be able to adapt them to your own characters and films.
The book offers clear step-by-step tutorials, with detailed explanations, screenshots and support files to help you understand the principles behind each topic. Each recipe covers a logical step of the complete creation of a character rig and animation, so you're not overwhelmed with too much information at once.
As we've seen in other book reviews, this is the practical and pragmatic approach of Packt to any topic. That is what makes them essential books for those who want to learn and save time.
What you will learn from this book :
* Refine your animation with Blender tools
* Understand principles behind movements like walking, running, jumping and weight lifting
* Stay productive with an organized animation workflow
* Create flexible face rigs with a mixed approach
* Learn how to stretch the arms, legs and spine of your characters
* Create corrective shape keys
* Fine control your character's eyes
* Switching between IK and FK for arms and legs in a shot
* Create an IK foot setup with 3 pivots
* How to track your animation arcs and timing
Read more about "Blender 2.5 Character Animation Cookbook" at Packt Pub's site.
© 2008 by Jordi R. Cardona. Link to this post without copying the text.If you liked this post, get updates of Hiperia3D News for FREE