Acropora is a procedural voxel modeller that simplifies the generation of complex noise-perturbed meshes.
This means that you import your mesh and manipulate it using the tools it provides, that act on it producing deformations and repeated shape patterns.
This creates realistic, organic shapes from ordinary objects like spheres and cylinders. For example, in their galleries there's an iceberg created from a sphere, and also models of natural formations such as coral reefs.
It is also useful to create large terrain meshes, using a 3D noise generator, or apply a heightmap and add detail with Acropora, to create overhangs, caves, or an endless labyrinth of tunnels with a few mouse clicks.
- Realtime simulation: Test shader scripts for realtime procedural generation of mesh geometry in simulations and games.
- A variety of base shapes and compound shapes as primary surfaces
- User-defined surfaces
- Splines, lofts, grooves, extrusions, chisels
- Voxelisation of user imported models
- Over 50 volume modifiers
- Extensive voxel and noise editing tools
- Extensive post-processing of meshes (tesselation, smoothing, simplification,...)
- Batch processing
- Multiple LOD support (level of detail).
- Export to multiple mesh formats (FBX, OBJ, 3DS, DXF, DAE), DDS volume textures, and raw voxel data
© 2008 by Jordi R. Cardona. Link to this post without copying the text.If you liked this post, get updates of Hiperia3D News for FREE