Paris, France – January 13th, 2010 – Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced the availability of 3DVIA Composer V6R2010x. Significant enhancements in this release further support Dassault Systèmes’ V6 strategy to enable on-line 3D collaboration to all users within an enterprise, while introducing other features including an improved user experience and enhanced technical illustration capabilities.
3DVIA Composer revolutionizes the product documentation process for enterprises of all sizes. With its easy-to-use desktop content-creation system, 3DVIA Composer leverages CAD data to automate the creation of assembly and disassembly procedures, technical illustrations, interactive 3D animations, training materials, marketing materials and sales tools. Further extending its ability to unlock potential for traditional 2D publications, the new features allow professionals and non-experts to generate advanced technical illustrations that do not require time-consuming, manual adjustments and revisions.
“Companies everywhere are trying to do more with less, and 3DVIA Composer is an innovative product that helps manufacturers of all sizes create efficiencies that are clear and tangible,” said Lynne Wilson, CEO of 3DVIA, Dassault Systèmes. “New functionalities in this release enhance the creation and distribution of lifelike product experiences across an organization, putting power in the hands of non-CAD users and extending the promise of PLM 2.0 on the V6 platform.”
3DVIA Composer V6R2010x enhancements include:
- Lifelike Experience
- Enhanced technical illustration capabilities: The new “Paper Space” feature provides a What You See Is What You Get capability, transforming the 3DVIA Composer display into a preview of the final document layout. This will ensure the consistent layout and delivery of your content regardless of user display resolutions for 3D documentation or specified paper sizes for 2D published illustrations.
o Enhanced and simplified user experience: The intuitive and easy-to-learn Ribbon interface provides the option of organizing commonly used and advanced functions in a logical way that allows users of all experience levels to become more productive and proficient in 3DVIA Composer. Products, parts, geometries and internal nodes are now displayed with different icons to increase ease of use. Experiences can be published directly from Composer to 3DVIA.com.
- Support for CATIA FT&A cross-highlighting: For companies using 3D as the master source of information, enhanced support CATIA V5 Feature, Tolerancing and Annotation (FT&A) data now includes cross-highlighting capabilities. By providing interactive FT&A that highlight the related surfaces for an operation, 3DVIA Composer and 3DVIA Composer Player Pro will ensure that the engineering intent is effectively communicated and understood by downstream users.
- Online Creation and Collaboration
- Direct publishing to 3DVIA.com: 3DVIA Composer content can be directly published to 3DVIA.com as standard 3D content or fully interactive 3D documents. This information can then be shared with the large community of 3DVIA.com users. In addition, 3DVIA Composer offers effective functionality to help prepare models for sharing on the 3DVIA Mobile app for iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Lower Cost of Ownership
- Interoperability plug-in: The ability to expand the number of 3D formats supported by 3DVIA Composer through a new framework, that enables high-quality, externally developed importer products to be plugged directly into 3DVIA Composer and 3DVIA Sync. This enhancement automatically adds new native 3D import options directly into the user interface, providing a seamless and intuitive end-user experience.
o CATIA V5 Piping Design: Meta properties defined in piping design of CATIA V5 are now supported, allowing important information such as nominal size, to be associatively displayed into 3DVIA Composer labels and BOM tables.
“We are delighted to contribute new interoperability capabilities to this latest release of 3DVIA Composer.” said Trevor Leeson, Product Manager at Theorem Solutions. “The integration of Theorem’s JT CADverter technology makes the benefits of 3DVIA Composer V6R2010x available to a whole new community of users.”
For more information on the new features and functionality of 3DVIA Composer V6R2010x, visit: http://www.3dviacomposer.com/v6r2010x.
© 2008 by Jordi R. Cardona. Link to this post without copying the text.If you liked this post, get updates of Hiperia3D News for FREE