About The Author:
Jordi R Cardona is a 3D modeler and photographer that started building virtual worlds in 1997, and now builds content for Poser and DAZ Studio. He also reviews books on 3D for Packt Publishing and is sponsor of 3DCreative Magazine, and 2DArtist Magazine, brands of 3DTotal. He was also named Netbeans Community Partner for developing language tools for X3D and VRML using the Netbeans Platform, and has a site, Hiperia3D News (news.hiperia3d.com) that is a respected, influential and popular source about 3D.
As a photographer, he studied in the IDEP School Of Photography And Design of Barcelona (Spain), one of the most prestigious private institutions in this country and abroad (Nikon Course of Digital Photography)
* 3D Modeler since 1997
* Builder and seller of 3D content for DAZ Studio at DAZ 3D ( PA name EmmaAndJordi)
* Finalized photography studies in the IDEP School Of Photography And Design of Barcelona (Spain), one of the most prestigious private institutions in this country and abroad (Nikon Course of Digital Photography)
* 3rd place winner in the contest "New Beginnings In Nature" with his photo "New Beginnings", at DeviantArt, one of the most famous artists' networks.
* Received the Amber Award from PhotoVotr
* Featured several times in Renderosity's best of the week in the photography gallery
* Reviewer for book publishing companies like Packt Publishing and No Starch Press.
* Sponsor of 3DCreative Magazine, and 2DArtist Magazine, brands of 3DTotal.
* Sponsor of 3D Hobby Magazine.
* Netbeans Community Partner.
* Member of the Association Of Virtual Worlds.
* Member of the Content Creators Guild.
* Moderator of the Sculptris group at DeviantART.
* Founder of GroBoto planet at DeviantART.
Past / Others:
* Professional Diploma in Marketing
* Master course "Close encounters with virtual reality and expert tips", directed by Carolina Cruz Neira, Executive Director and Chief Scientist at the Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise (LITE).
* Immersive 3D worlds builder: Builder of 3D web environments in VRML, X3D, and 3DXplorer, with my wife Emma Alvarez, digital artist.
* Developer of the X3DV Module Suite, a set of Netbeans IDE modules to code in X3D and VRML, the open standard for interactive and immersive 3D on Internet. It is listed in the Web3D Consortium Developer Tools Index.
* Been in the top 100 finalists of the Netbeans IDE 6.1 Blogging Contest for a tutorial on how to develop language support modules for Netneans IDE.
* Developer of NppX3D, a project composed of language files for Notepad++ to add support for X3DV and VRML syntax highlighting and autocomplete functions.
* Founder and administrator of one of the biggest Yahoo groups of VRML, X3D, and Virtual Reality, from 2002 to 2008 (Virtual Reality Yahoo). Appeared in a remarkable computer magazine, and linked by some Universities' websites.
* Koinup Media Partner. Koinup is the biggest social network for virtual worlds.
Beginning: VRML And Immersive 3D
My name is Jordi R. Cardona.
Since I was a child, I always felt a big interest for 3D, in the times when it was just fractal landscapes in a C64 screen.
Years ago, I entered in the VRML world via a book that gathered the lessons of SIGGRAPH 98 Conference and a site called LucidSpace, and made some friends in virtual worlds.
I took some time learning to master that language, and developed many code snippets and examples, and a big harvest of links.
With all that, I founded a group of VRML and Virtual Reality and I have administered it since the year 2002, until year 2008. It became one the biggest Yahoo groups of VRML, X3D and Virtual Reality.
That project and its official website tried to increase the interest in VRML (the Virtual Reality Modeling Language). It was named in a remarkable computer magazine of my country, and linked by some Universities' websites.
Years later I became interested in virtual reality and took a master course ("Close encounters with virtual reality and expert tips") about virtual reality and VR software, directed by Carolina Cruz Neira, Executive Director and Chief Scientist at the Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise (LITE).
My wife, Emma Alvarez, digital artist, always helped me with the aesthetic side of the 3D worldbuilding. Her artistic view and ideas have always been a great support for me in all my projects.
I am also the developer of the X3DV Module Suite for Netbeans. The X3DV Module Suite is a free set of modules to code in X3D and VRML. I have also developed a similar language pack for Notepad++, called NppX3D.
Currently: 3D Modeling
During all my life I had many skills that seemed not to be connected at all. As time passed, I realized that everything I liked, and everything that I did well was pointing to something: 3D modeling. Geometry, the study of minerals and shapes, photography, paleontology, history, geology, code hacking, animation, clay modeling, biology, computers... all lead to 3D modeling.
The important point in one's life is to recognize what you can do better and do it, and keep on learning all your lifelong.
My main occupation is 3D modeling and developing my own 3D products, in which I put my many skills in different areas, developed after years of learning, into action.
That, and specialized writing about 3D, and proof of that is that Hiperia3D News has become one of the most respected, influential and popular sources about 3D.
This Site: Hiperia3D News
I started this site to keep contact with the 3D community in general, and promote good sites of resources and knowledge.
I try to make simple what is complex, and select the essential of what happens in our topic, always trying to avoid the news that everyone has already heard, and selecting those that may be more innovative or interesting.
The name of this site is hiperia3d.com because one of my former projects was called that way, using the non-English spelling of the word hyperia, which means an over-stimulated state of perception. That project became very familiar to people from France, so it inherited the spelling with Latin "i".
It's my desire that this project would be one of your Internet tools to help you stay connected to the 3D community.
Welcome, and hope you enjoy your stay here.
© 2008 by Jordi R. Cardona. Link to this post without copying the text.If you liked this post, get updates of Hiperia3D News for FREE